Be Your Own Boss
If you have a good business idea, being self-employed or starting a small business can be very rewarding but it can take a lot of hard work and dedication.
Self-employment can offer:
- An opportunity to do something you enjoy and are good at
- A chance to be your own boss
- Flexible working hours
How to get started?
- Is there a gap in the market for your idea?
- How much money will you need to set-up?
- Where will this money come from?
- What equipment will you need?
- Where will you work from e.g home or an office?
- Will you need to employ anyone else?
There is plenty of free information, advice and practical support available to help you set up your own business.
The Princes Trust Enterprise Programme offers support to young people aged 18-30 to explore self employment.
Gov.uk For free access to online tutorials and advice on how to start, including developing your business idea, tax, finance and marketing, visit
Start up Britain is a national campaign set up by 8 entrepreneurs last year, with the support of the government. It offers links to many sources of information.
Business in You case studies of successful entrepreneurs and help to find a mentor.