The courses are ideal for apprentices who are looking to advance their skill set across various joinery sectors. It is ideal for apprentices who have already completed a level 2 qualification and gained significant experience of working in the industry.
Training content can be tailored throughout the courses to meet individual and business requirements.
All learning done in the workplace with the exception of guided learning sessions 1 day per week at the Construction Design Centre and functional skills which, if required, is done through timetabled sessions also within the centre.
The Bench Joinery level 3 framework is made up of the following units;
- Health and Safety
- Analysing Technology Information
- Analysing Construction Industry and Built Environment
- Set up and Operate Machinery
- Manufacture Shaped Joinery Products
- Set and Mark Out for Joinery
- know the health and safety regulations, roles and responsibilities
- Principles of organising, planning and pricing construction work
- Set up and use fixed and transportable machinery
- Manufacture shaped doors and frames
- Manufacture stairs with turns
Maths and English grade D/5+ or above
Whilst there are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, learners are advised to take the Level 1 and Level 2 Diplomas in order to ensure they have the right skills and knowledge for Level