You will gain the knowledge to work safely when carrying out routine maintenance activities on electric/hybrid vehicles. This course is designed for people who may encounter electric/hybrid vehicles within a routine maintenance situation. You will gain the knowledge and skills required to work safely around a vehicle that may have had damage to its high energy/electrical system. This qualification offers an introduction to this specialised industry sector which in addition to complimenting their current industry qualifications and experience, will enable them to continue to work safely within their role.
You will gain the knowledge and skills required to work safely on electric/hybrid vehicles whilst carrying out routine maintenance and repair activities (not voltage components or systems). This may include vehicles that may have or had damage to their high energy/electrical system. Units cover:
- Electric/hybrid vehicle system components and operation
- Hazards surrounding electric/hybrid vehicles
- How to reduce the risks to yourself and others when working on electric/hybrid vehicles
- Safely preparing the vehicle when carrying routine maintenance (NOT high voltage components or systems)
- Working safely on an electric/hybrid vehicle (NOT high voltage components or systems)
Upon completion of this qualification you will acquire significant core knowledge and skills and the ability to work safely around and maintain electric/hybrid vehicles.
A multiple choice assessment at the end of the course and practical assessments.
Level 3 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicle System Repair and Replacement.