You will gain knowledge to work safely when carrying out repair activities on electric/hybrid vehicle high voltage systems. This course is designed for people who may encounter electric/hybrid vehicles within a routine maintenance situation. It also contains the knowledge and skills required to work safely around a vehicle that may have had damage to its high energy/electrical system. This qualification offers an introduction to this specialised industry sector which in addition to complimenting their current industry qualifications and experience, will enable them to continue to work safely within their role.
You will gain knowledge and skills required to work safely on electric/hybrid vehicles whilst carrying out diagnostic, testing and repair activities. This may include vehicles that may have or had damage to their high energy/electrical system. Units include:
- Skills and knowledge from Electric/Hybrid Vehicles Routine Maintenance Activities and Repair Award Level 2
- Working safely on an electric/hybrid vehicle
- Using information to carry out the task
- Carrying out repairs on high energy electrical systems
- Recording information and making suitable recommendations
Upon completion of this qualification you will acquire significant core knowledge and skills and the ability to remove and replace electric/hybrid vehicle high voltage components.
A multiple choice assessment at the end of the course and practical assessments.