Interested in Heart Disease? Curious about cell biology? Want to know where all your energy comes from? Do you enjoy a challenge and want to sharpen your investigative skills and be successfully prepared for either university or a career in science? If the answer is yes, then A Level Biology is the course for you.
What will I study?
• Biological Molecules
• Organisms exchange substances with their
• Genetic information, variation and relationships
• Energy transfers in and between organisms
• Organisms respond to changes in their internal and
• Genetics, populations, evolution and ecosystems
• The control of gene expression
Grade 6 in GCSE Biology, or 6-6 in combined Science, plus
grade 5 in Mathematics.
Biology opens up a number of opportunities covering
careers in biomedicine, medicine, veterinary sciences,
sports sciences, nutrition, teaching, botany, research (of
many varieties) and many, many more.