Year one is specifically designed to give you the skills and knowledge required by any business professional,
The second year then builds on this and provides a specialist pathway towards a career in Accounting.
Carefully selected and planned units will develop your understanding of business, effective decision making, management and global perspectives; before moving into your specialism of Accounting and building expertise in this field.
Year 1 (Shared Pathway)
- Exploring Business (15 credits)
- Developing a Marketing Campaign (15 credits)
- Personal & Business Finance (20 credits)
- Managing an Event (15 credits)
- International Business (15 credits)
- Employment Law (10 credits)
Year 2 (Specialist Pathway)
- Principles of Management (20 credits)
- Business Decision Making (20 credits)
- Recording Financial Transactions (10 credits)
- Final Accounts for PLC's (10 credits)
- Financial Statements for Specific Businesses (10 credits)
- Cost & Management Accounting (10 credits)
A range of learning methods are used including practical assignments, discussions, presentations and the use of computer-based virtual learning environments. Through this you will develop a wide range of skills including, presentation skills, critical analysis, IT skills, team working and leadership skills. You will also work on several live projects enabling you to apply what you learn in the classroom to real businesses.
Course enrichment activities include: Visits to local and national organisations, live projects for real businesses and an opportunity to go to a business conference abroad (Business Live at EuroDisney)
You will learn from experienced, specialised and enthusiastic teachers with a range of academic and business work backgrounds. Several colleagues of the business team hold Accounting qualifications and have industry experience. The Sheffield College has also been awarded National Training Provider Of The Year by AAT for the quality of delivery of our accounting qualifications. You will have access to up-to-date IT facilities and course resources on the college intranet which can be accessed at home.
Will the course suit me? To be successful on this course you will need a positive attitude, a lively and enquiring mind, a willingness to explore new ideas and a keen interest in Accounting.
5 GCSEs at Grade 4 or above including English Language and Maths