This course is specifically designed to give you the skills and knowledge required by any business professional, and in year two,provide a specialist pathway towards a career in law in the second year.
Carefully selected and planned units will develop your understanding of business, effective decision making, management and global perspectives; before moving into your specialism of law and building expertise in this field.
Year 1 (Shared Pathway)
- Exploring Business (15 credits)
- Developing a Marketing Campaign (15 credits)
- Personal & Business Finance (20 credits)
- Managing an Event (15 credits)
- International Business (15 credits)
- Employment Law (10 credits)
Year 2 (Specialist Pathway)
- Principles of Management (20 credits)
- Business Decision Making (20 credits)
- Investigating CSR (10 credits)
- The English Legal System (10 credits)
- Aspects of Civil Liability Affecting Business (10 credits)
- Aspects of Criminal Law Impacting on Business and Individuals (10 credits)
A range of learning methods are used including practical assignments, discussions, presentations and the use of computer-based virtual learning environments. Through this you will develop a wide range of skills including, presentation skills, critical analysis, IT skills, team working and leadership skills. You will also work on several live projects enabling you to apply what you learn in the classroom to real businesses.
Course enrichment activities include visits to local and national organisations, live projects for real businesses, and the opportunity to go on an event abroad related to your subject.
To be successful on this course you will need a positive attitude, a lively and enquiring mind, a willingness to explore new ideas and a keen interest in Law.
5 GCSEs at 4 or above including a minimum grade 4 in English Language and Maths.
This course is the first major step on the path to a professional career in Law. Many students go on to study Law at university. Successfully completing your course also gives you the option to progress onto the CILEx professional qualifications which is an alternative route to becoming a legal professional. CILEx enables you to study whilst working in the field, and can be done at The Sheffield College.