This course is designed for students that aspire to work within a gym environment as either an instructor or personal trainer. It will provide you with the required skills and knowledge to gain employment as a fitness instructor in a gym, and the expertise to provide individual personal training sessions. On completion of the course students can gain employment in a health or fitness club, or become self-employed.
About the course:
This qualification is made up of 10 mandatory units (6 for Gym and 4 for Personal Training)
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise
- Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
- Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Planning gym-based exercise
- Instructing gym-based exercise
Personal Trainer Units:
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
- Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme
- Programming personal training with clients
- Delivering personal training sessions
3 GCSEs at 4-9 / A* - C grade (or acceptable alternatives) including PE or science aa well as a minimum grade 4 in English Language and Maths. A DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check is required and will be carried out at the start of the course.
Where does this course lead:
Successful students could progress into employment in any sports fitness facility or as a personal trainer.