Cambridge Techncal - Sport
Leisure, Travel and Tourism
We are only accepting one application per candidate.
What will you be working towards?
||GCE A/AS Level or Equivalent
Cambridge Technical Sport & Physical Activity offers students a broad and varied course on everything a passionate
sports person needs. It combines knowledge of the human body, psychology, sports coaching and much more. The
qualification is coursework based, with final examinations in Year 12 and Year 13, allowing students to be assessed in a
variety of ways to ensure they reach their full potential.
Up to a maximum of 11 core units that are listed below
are to be covered over two years for the Diploma. 5 units
will be studied for the Extended Certificate over two years.
• Unit 1 Body systems and the effect of physical activity
• Unit 2 Sports coaching and activity leadership
• Unit 3 Sports organisation and development
• Unit 4 Working safely in sport
• Unit 5 Performance management
• Unit 8 Organisation of sports events
• Unit 11 Physical activity for specific groups
• Unit 13 Health and fitness testing
• Unit 17 Sports Injuries
• Unit 18 Practical skills in sport
• Unit 19 Sport and exercise psychology
Each student will be given the opportunity to participate
in the Community Sports Leaders Award Level 2 and 3.
How will it be delivered?
The new Cambridge Technical will assess you in two ways:
Assignments - You will complete a series of tasks set in a
work-related scenario and produce a portfolio of evidence.
Written Exams - You will draw on essential information
to create written answers to practical questions in test
Grade 4 in Mathematics and English Language.
Your next steps...
Sport & Physical Activity can lead to a wide range of
careers and university courses including:
• Sports Development
• Sports Management
• Teacher Training in Physical Education
• Community Sports Work
• Sports and Exercise Science
• Physiotherapy and Sports Injury