On the BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care course you will cover 8 units. Out of these units, 8 are mandatory units and two optional.
1. Human Lifespan Development (Mandatory)
2. Working in Health and Social Care (Mandatory)
3. Enquiries into current research in Health and Social Care (Mandatory)
4. Meeting Individual Care and Support Needs (Mandatory)
5. Principles of safe practice in Health and Social Care (Mandatory)
6. Promoting public health (Mandatory)
7. Physiological disorders and their care (optional)
8. Psychological Perspectives (optional)
Will the course suit me?
The ideal student would take an interest in Health and Social Care as a whole subject. They will want to learn about how Health and Social care sectors work and have an interest in professions leading on from this course.
Personal Study Time
BTEC Level 3 students are expected to devote as much time outside the classroom to their studies as in lessons. They will be given significant amounts of homework on a regular weekly basis. The nature of this work will depend on the topic being studied but will always be given in order to reinforce the work covered in class and will often form the basis of assignment work.
Minimum Requirements: At least five 4 grades at GCSE and grade 5 in English (Language or Literature)
Recommended Level of Attainment Health and Social Care Level 3: A Merit or above grade at BTEC Health and Social Care Level 2. A grade 5 and above in English is essential.