Why Study Cambridge Technical in Sport and Physical Activity?
Cambridge Technical in Sport and Physical Activity provides a high-quality alternative to A Levels. The Cambridge Technical provides a strong basis for progression to University, Apprenticeships or work and is recognised by universities for UCAS tariff points.
The Cambridge Technical in Sport and Physical Activity has been developed to meet the changing needs of the sport and leisure sector and prepare students for the challenges they will face in Higher Education or employment. The course has been designed in collaboration with experts spanning the breadth of the sector such as Sheffield International Venues (SIV), The Sheffield Eagles RLFC, The University of Sheffield, Sheffield Hallam University, and the English Institute of Sport. The Cambridge Technical in Sport and Physical Activity focuses on the skills, knowledge and understanding that today's universities and employers demand. Students will practically apply their skills and knowledge in preparation for further study or the workplace.
Our leading employers in the sport, health and leisure sectors are offering exciting professional employer projects in the effects of physical activity, performance analysis, rehabilitation and training programmes.
The course provides an excellent foundation in the world of coaching, analysis of performance and sport management and leadership, covering a wide range of knowledge and skills in depth.
Extended Certificate (1 A Level equivalent)
- Body systems and the effects of physical activity.
- Sports coaching and leadership
- Sports organisation and development.
- Organisation of sports events
- Practical Skills in Sport and Physical Activities
Tech Diploma (2 A Level equivalent) All Certificate Units and the following additional further units
- Performance analysis in sport and exercise
- Health and Fitness Testing for Sport and Exercise
- Sports Injuries and Rehabilitation
- Working safely in sport, exercise, health and leisure
- Physical activity for specific groups
- Nutrition and Diet for Sport and Exercise
Extended Diploma (3 A Level equivalent)
- Improving Fitness for Sport and Physical Activity
- The Business of Sport
- Working in Active Leisure Facilities
Grade 4 at GCSE in English and Maths and grade 4 in three other subjects including Science