The intermediate level apprenticeship in Nail services will enable candidates to gain the necessary practical and theoretical skills in order to provide Nail Services. The apprenticeship is comprised of the ITEC NVQ level 2 diploma in nail services and functional skills in English and Mathematics at level 1. Apprentices will need to be employed.
The ITEC Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Nail Services is made up of 8 mandatory units:
- Ensure responsibility for actions to reduce risks to health and safety
- Provide pedicure services
- Fulfil salon reception duties
- Develop and maintain effectiveness at work
- Promote additional services or products to customers
- Provide manicure services
- Carry out nail art services
- Apply and maintain Nail Enhancements to create a natural finish
Both functional skills inolve an online test.
Learners should discuss their own circumstances with the College as entry is based on qualifications, skills and experience as well as a keen interest in a career in the Beauty Therapy industry.