The intermediate level apprenticeship in Beauty Therapy will enable candidates to gain the necessary practical and theoretical skills in order to qualify as a beauty therapist. The apprenticeship is comprised of the ITEC NVQ level 2 diploma in Beauty Therapy and functional skills in English and Mathematics at level 1. Apprentices will need to be employed.
The course includes aspects of the following areas:
- Improve and maintain facial skin conditions
- Enhance the appearance of eyebrows and lashes
- Remove hair using waxing techniques
- Introduction to Health and Safety
- How to provide manicure treatments
- How to provide pedicure treatments
- How to positively promote products and services to new and existing clients
- Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work
- Health and safety in the salon
Additional specialist options to enrich your programme and meet the demands of industry are available. Examples of these include facial electricals and nail techonology.
Both functional skills involve an online test.
Our learners have access to our fully equipped and busy client salons.
Input from product companies like Dermalogica, St Tropez, and a range of employers will enhance your course throughout the year.
All learners should discuss their own circumstances with the College as entry is based on qualifications, skills and experience as well as a keen interest in a career in Beauty Therapy.