The Nail Services Apprenticeship enables you to gain practical skills, in manicure, pedicure and nail art. Alongside the practical units you will study anatomy and physiology, reception duties, health and safety and business units, and Functional Skills.
You will study all the mandatory units listed below.
- Fulfil salon reception duties
- Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work
- Promote additional services or products to clients
- Ensure responsibility for actions to reduce risks to health and safety
- Provide manicure services
- Provide pedicure services
- Carry out nail art services
- Apply and maintain nail enhancements to create a natural finish
You will also study:
- Employment, Rights and Responsibilities (ERR) booklet
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and maths
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
You will be assessed by your assessor using a portfolio of evidence, practical demonstrations and assignments. You will be assessed both in College and in your place of work.
Three GCSEs at grade 3/D or above including English at grade 4 or above OR Level 1 NVQ in Beauty Therapy plus Level 1 Functional Skills in English
You will need to be at least 16 years of age
You will need to find an employer to employ you as an apprentice. Please see our Apprenticeship vacancies.