As an Apprentice you will be employed within a Team Leader role and attend College one day a week. You will complete Level 1 Maths, English and ICT. For those who already possess GCSE Grade C or above in English, Maths and/or ICT, exemptions may apply
You will study all of the mandatory unit and choose optional units from the list below until you reach a minimum of 13 credits. You will also study:
- Employment, Rights and Responsibilities (ERR) Booklet
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and maths
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- Developing working relationships with team members
- Key principles of team leading
- Managing personal development
- Developing a team
- Gaining results from your team
English and maths
English and maths qualifications are a requirement for most jobs and it is important that you are able to demonstrate your ability in these areas. If you do not already have a grade C or above in GCSE English and maths you will automatically undertake further
study in these subjects as part of your study programme.
Learners will need to be at least 16 years of age and must hold three GCSEs at grade A* to D plus English at grade 3 or above.
You need to be employed within a team leader role or have an employer in this area willing to take you on as an apprentice.