In order to achieve the CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Childcare and Education (Early Years Educator) you must complete 15 mandatory units, including all the criteria you must know about which is contained within the delivery guidance. You must also complete an Effective Practice Study and Extended Assessment (externally set, externally marked).
- Child development from conception to seven years
- Children’s health and well-being
- Providing safe environments for children
- Child health
- Play and learning
- Children’s additional needs
- Observation, assessment and planning
- Emergent literacy
- Emergent mathematics
- Preparing for school readiness
- International perspectives on childcare and education
- Reflective practice for professional development
- Professional partnerships in early years
- Competence-based Professional Practice Portfolio covering the above areas.
Five GCSEs at grades 4 or above including GCSE English and maths
Level 2 Early Years and Education plus GCSE English and maths at grade 4 or equivalent Level 2 qualification.
The high level of skills required to achieve this qualification enables you to progress to Higher Education within early year’s childcare and education sector or a different field of study, this qualification allows you to gain up to 168 UCAS points.
This qualification also gives you a licence to practise which will enable you to progress into various unsupervised job roles in the statutory, voluntary or private sectors such as (this list is not exhaustive).
•Early Years Educator
•Practitioner in day nurseries
•Practitioner in nursery schools
•Practitioner in reception classes in primary schools
•Home-based Child carer