This qualification is for you if you wish to gain more knowledge of health-related exercise. The qualification is relevant to you if you want to know more about your own health and fitness, are interested in a career in the fitness industry, enjoy practical-based learning or if you work in a fitness-related job and need more knowledge of health-related fitness.
The course will be delivered through both theoretical and practical workshops. A variety of flexible delivery strategies will be used to accommodate each individual’s learning style. You are also required to study at home.
- Anatomy and Physiology for Exercise (skeleton, joints, muscles, heart, blood vessels, respiratory system and nutrition for exercise)
- Health, Safety and Welfare in the Fitness Environment
- Principles of Exercise, Fitness and Health
- Know How to Support Clients Who Take Part in Exercise and Physical Activity
- Planning Gym- Based Exercise
- Instructing Gym- Based Exercise
Assessment is in the form of coursework, a portfolio of evidence, a practical assessment, worksheets plus two multiple choice theory examinations.
Potential candidates may be required to undertake a knowledge-based assessment test to determine their suitability for the programme.
This certificate enables candidates to gain employment in the sports and active leisure industry. Candidates may also progress onto
Active IQ Sports Massage Level 3 or Active IQ Personal Training Level 3.