Throughout this course you will study general health and social care units along with completing a Dental Setting Awareness programme. The programme will include units such as an introduction to dental treatments, introduction to dental anatomy, introduction to dental appliances and oral health and hygiene.
During the programme you will have the opportunity to familiarise yourself with our dental laboratories using the equipment and materials.
Students will also study Maths/English alongside this programme if they not yet achieved a Grade 4.
• Equality, diversity and rights in health and social care
• Human growth and development
• Safeguarding and protection in health and social care
• The dental setting
• The GDC standards and legislation
• Chairside assistance, Charting
• Introduction to dental anatomy, Introduction to dental appliances
• Reception and administration
• Introduction to dental treatments
• Oral health and hygiene.
4 GCSEs at grade 3 or above including English Language, Maths and Double Science/Individual Sciences.