This programme will introduce you to a basic knowledge and understanding
of carpentry and joinery, and provide the initial skills you’ll need to progress
to further study and a career in construction.
You will also have the
opportunity to gain your CSCS card, allowing you to gain valuable work
experience with our network of local employers.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Exploring Timber Technology
- How to Sharpen and Use a Range of Hand Tools
- Introduction to Wood Machinery and Power Tools
- Build a Traditional Wooden Window from Scratch
- Health and Safety Procedures
- English and maths