This course prepares you to become an Early Years Educator, enabling you
to work with children from birth to 5 years and gain knowledge of children aged
5 to 7 years.
Upon achievement of this two-year programme you will be
able to enter the workforce as an Early Years Educator or progress to Higher
Through attending placement, you will develop a range of
employability skills such as timekeeping, teamwork, organisational skills,
planning and delivering a range of activities to meet the curriculum, record
keeping, assessing children’s development and recording this on the child’s
profile, partnership working and safeguarding.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Theoretical Aspects of Childcare and Education
- Children’s Care, Learning and Development
- Enhance Your Professional Development
- Develop Children’s Literacy and Numeracy Skills
- Understand How Children Learn Through Play