This course will support Senior Healthcare Support Workers to assist
registered practitioners delivering healthcare services to people.
As an experienced support worker, you will carry out a range of clinical and
non-clinical healthcare or therapeutic tasks mostly under the supervision of the
registered healthcare practitioner.
At times you will also be in a role of supporting new staff, students on
placement or more junior staff to develop their skills.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Health and Wellbeing
- Duty of Care and Candour, Safeguarding, Equality and Diversity
- Person Centred Care, Treatment and Support
- Personal, People and Quality Improvement
- Health, Safety and Security
You will also study the 15 standards of
the Care Certificate and gain a Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support.
You will have the option to specialise and choose a pathway to suit your job
- Adult Nursing Support
- Theatre Support
- Allied Health Profession – Therapy Support
You will be assessed in employment and at College using various assessment
methods such as:
- Witness Statements
- Work Product and Reflective Practice
Your End-Point Assessment
(EPA) will consist of a;
- Multiple Choice Test
- Practical Observation with Question and Answer
- Professional Discussion supported by Portfolio of Evidence