These qualifications encourage an understanding of the knowledge and the skills needed to care for young children. They cover children’s growth, learning and development. These qualifications are suitable for you if you are considering a career in caring for children.
To achieve the qualification you will need to undertake:
- Meetings or study with the course advisor, tutor or assessor
- Personal study such as private reading and completing assessments
- Time being assessed to undertake practical work or work experience
The core units are covered:
- Sharing Learning Experiences with Young Children
- Human Growth and Development
- Healthy Living
- Preparing for your Next Steps
- Investigating a Vocational Area
- Craft Activities for Young Children
- Healthy Eating for Families
- Growth and Development of Young children
- Practical Health and Safety when with Young Children
- Science Activities for Young Children
- Safeguarding the Welfare of Children and Young People
- Technology Activities for Young Children
- Functional skills in English, Mathematics and Information and Communication Technology (ICT) help people to gain the most out of life, learning and work
Three GCSEs at grade 2 or above including English
A full qualification in a relevant subject at Entry Level and Level 1 functional skills in English and maths.
You will also need to successfully pass a Disclosure Barring Service – (DBS).
You will require a positive reference from school and to be able to provide evidence of previous work experience in a related area.
You will normally take part in an interview prior to being enrolled on the programme.