A broad basis of study for the sport sector. This qualification is designed to support progression to higher education when
taken as part of a programme of study that includes other appropriate BTEC Nationals or A Levels.
Further Information about our courses including results
Previously Outstanding results on the old specification with majority of students achieving Distinction/Distinction*. This is the first cohort going through on the new specification.
Course Content and Teaching Units
• Unit 1 – Anatomy and Physiology
• Unit 2 – Fitness, Training and Programming for Health, Sport and Well-being
• Unit 3 – Professional Development in the Sports Industry
• Unit 5 – Application of Fitness Testing
• Unit 1 – Exam – externally marked
• Unit 2 – Controlled Assessment – externally marked
• Unit 3 – Coursework – internally marked
• Unit 5 – Coursework – internally marked
The PE department will review any applicant but may not accept an applicant if the following requirements are not met:
• Grade 4 or above in GCSE/PE or Merit in BTEC Level 2 Sport
• Grade 5 in Science advisable
Each case looked at on individual basis.
The course will lay the foundation for further study of sport or related subjects in higher education.
Possible careers include: PE Teacher, Sports Coaching, Sports Development plus many positions within the Fitness, Sport and Leisure Industries.