You will develop your knowledge of and gain a broad business experience in:
- The world of business and everything that influences what businesses do
- How businesses are organised and their aims and objectives
- How businesses manage and organise their finances and their staff
- How to set up and run a business
- Developing knowledge of the techniques retail outlets use to merchandise and sell their products
- Selling skills
- Creating financial documents including balance sheets
Throughout your course you will develop a wide range of skills, working practices and thought processes including IT skills, presentation skills, independent learning skills, team work and leadership skills.
You will use a range of learning methods including practical assignments, discussion, presentations and the use of computer-based virtual learning environments.
A range of practical activities and trips will take place to support your studies on the course.
Will the course suit me?
To be successful on this course you need a positive attitude and a keen interest in the business environment.
This qualification is continually assessed through coursework and two units are assessed by exam.
Coursework will be based around practical business exercises and you will be encouraged to utilise your own experiences of business you may have developed through part-time work or work placements.
4 GCSEs at Grade 3 or above including a grade 4 in English Language or Maths
You can progress to a Level 3 Business course (and selected specialism of either accounting, law or marketing if you wish) or an appropriate alternative. This course may also lead to employment or an apprenticeship opportunity in the business sector.