This two-year course will build your competence in welding, you will also gain a relevant qualification that will improve your skills and career opportunities. You will need to be good at solving problems, structuring your workload and enjoy working as part of a team.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Health and Safety
- Working Efficiently and Effectively in an Engineering Environment
- Conducting Business Improvement Activities
- Engineering Environmental Awareness
- Using and Communicating Technical Information
- TIG Welding
- MIG Welding
- Manual Metal Arc
- Plate Work
- Thermal Cutting
- Heat Treatment
- CNC Plasma Cutting
- Carrying Out Heat Treatment of Engineering Materials.
- Preparing and Using Manual Metal Arc Welding Equipment
- Producing Platework Components and Assemblies
- Cutting and Shaping Materials Using Thermal Cutting Equipment
- Employability Skills
- Tutorial Sessions
You will be assessed by your assessor using a portfolio of evidence, practical demonstrations and assignments.