This one-year course is designed to provide you with a basic knowledge and understanding of bricklaying and to help you to develop a range of related skills. You will meet key employers in the trade, undertake visits to a range of companies to boost your learning and also carry out meaningful voluntary work that will enhance your CV.
You will study a range of topics including:
- Understanding Site Procedures in Construction
- Construction of Half Brick and Solid Walling
- Setting out Regular Buildings
- Construction of Cavity Walls
- Basic Trowel Skills and Brick Bonding
- Carrying out Block and Brick Laying Activities
Your course assessments may include written and practical assessment tasks.