T Levels are new, two-year, technical study programmes, designed with employers to give young people the skills that industry needs.
T Levels will provide a mixture of:
- Technical knowledge and skills specific to a chosen industry or occupation
- An industry placement of at least 45 days in their chosen industry or occupation
- Relevant Maths, English and digital skills
The T Level is split into two components:
- Core Component: (mandatory): This provides knowledge and understanding; underpinning key concepts, theories and principles relevant to the T Level and the subject sector.
- Occupational Specialism: This provides the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to achieve competence in ‘Supporting the Adult Nursing Team’. You will complete one Occupational Specialism, this will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to enter employment or further study in the specific occupational area.
- Paper A written examination
- Paper B written examination
- Employer-set project
In order to achieve a grade for Core Components, you must have results for both sub-components (the core written examinations and the employer- set project).
The combined results for these sub-components will be aggregated to form the overall grade A*- E and U.
Occupational Specialism Component:
- Synoptic assignments
- You will also be required to successfully achieve a Distinction/Merit/Pass grade in one of the Occupational Specialism Components
Two GCSEs at grades 4 or above plus GCSE English and GCSE Maths at grade 6 or above and GCSE Science at grade 7 or above OR
Level 2 Health and Social Care grade A, plus GCSE English, Maths and Science at grade 6